Srinagar, Nov 29 (JKNS): Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Choudhary on Saturday demanded a clear explanation from the Jammu Development Authority (JDA) over the demolition of journalist Arfaz Daing’s residence in Jammu, stating that any official involved in the act will face consequences.
Speaking to the media, Choudhary, as per JKNS, said he was conveying the position of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and reiterated that the government does not endorse any action driven by personal grudge. He emphasised that the administration functions strictly in accordance with the Constitution and deeply respects the role of journalists.
Deputy CM, who visited the demolished structure, said the Chief Minister had already stated that the decision was not approved by the government. “It is now the responsibility of JDA to explain under whose instructions this demolition was carried out,” he said.
Choudhary affirmed that Arfaz Daing, like every journalist, has the democratic right to express and publish his views. “Any attempt to stifle the voice of the media undermines democratic foundations,” he remarked, warning that arbitrary use of authority will not be tolerated.
He added that the demolition had caused immense hardship to the family, stressing that officials often overlook the human suffering linked to such actions.
The government will initiate action against anyone found issuing illegal orders and has assured a thorough investigation into the matter, he said. (JKNS)

