Srinagar, May 19 (JKNS): Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Conference President and MLA Handwara, Sajad Gani Lone on Tuesday strongly condemned the fresh demolitions reported from Sidra in Jammu, terming the developments “deeply disturbing” and demanding that the government clarify who authorised the action.
In a statement issued here to news agency JKNS, Lone questioned the silence of the administration and urged the government to treat the matter with the seriousness it deserves.
“The news coming in from Sidra is disturbing to say the least. There have been demolitions yet again. Can the government please for once treat the matter with seriousness that it deserves and explain who ordered the demolitions. If it is not them, then who? And what are they going to do about it,” he said.
Lone also criticised what he described as the government’s contradictory stand on demolition drives, saying the same administration had earlier “enacted theatre of wailing and crying” over demolitions in Jammu, but later defended those actions in the Legislative Assembly by claiming all norms and procedures had been followed.
“I remember that this government enacted theatre of wailing and crying over demolitions in Jammu. And in the Assembly, when a question was asked, they defended the same saying all norms and procedures were followed,” Lone said.
The Peoples Conference chief asserted that such actions and contradictions cannot be ignored and reiterated his opposition to the demolitions.
“I condemn the demolitions,” he added. (JKNS)

