• Home
  • Our Team
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
JKNS
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Top Stories
  • Kashmir
  • Jammu
  • National
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Oped
  • World
  • Home
  • Top Stories
  • Kashmir
  • Jammu
  • National
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Oped
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Jammu Kashmir News Service | JKNS
No Result
View All Result
Home World

Trump Says US Halts Planned Iran Strike After Request From Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE Leaders

Warns Military Ready for “Full Large Scale Assault” if Nuclear Deal Talks Fail; Says Any Agreement Must Ensure “No Nuclear Weapons for Iran”

Agencies by Agencies
May 19, 2026
in World
A A
Trump Wins Pennsylvania, Leaving Him 3 Electoral Votes Shy Of Clinching White House
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Washington, May 19 (JKNS): US President Donald Trump has said that the United States has decided to hold off a planned military strike on Iran following requests from key Middle Eastern leaders, amid ongoing negotiations aimed at reaching a deal over Iran’s nuclear programme.

 

In a post on Truth Social, as per news agency JKNS, Trump said he had been requested by the Emir of Qatar Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to suspend the planned military attack on the Islamic Republic of Iran, which he claimed was scheduled for the following day.

 

Trump stated that “serious negotiations” are currently taking place and expressed hope that a deal acceptable to the United States, Middle Eastern countries, and the wider international community could be achieved.

 

He said the proposed agreement must ensure that Iran does not acquire nuclear weapons.

 

“Based on my respect for the above mentioned Leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, The Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and The United States Military, that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow,” Trump wrote.

 

However, Trump also warned that the US military has been directed to remain fully prepared for immediate action if negotiations fail.

 

He said the military has been instructed to be ready to launch a “full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice,” in the event that an acceptable agreement is not reached. (JKNS)

Previous Post

Petrol, Diesel Prices Hiked Again by 90 Paise Per Litre

Next Post

Pulwama Police Tightens Noose on Drug Network, Two Heroin Peddlers Held in Back-to-Back Crackdowns

Agencies

Agencies

Next Post
Pulwama Police Tightens Noose on Drug Network, Two Heroin Peddlers Held in Back-to-Back Crackdowns

Pulwama Police Tightens Noose on Drug Network, Two Heroin Peddlers Held in Back-to-Back Crackdowns

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Home
  • Our Team
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Dalgate, Near C.D hospital Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir. Pincode: 190001.
Email us: editorjkns@gmail.com

© JKNS - Designed and Developed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Top Stories
  • Kashmir
  • Jammu
  • National
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Oped
  • World

© JKNS - Designed and Developed by GITS.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.